Apple Watch OS 1.0.1: The First Ever Update Released – What About Jailbreak?
Finally, after a month, Watch OS 1.0.1 was introduced to Apple Watch owners by Apple. This is the first ever update for Apple Watch OS available for verified owners of Apple Watch for free.
The update was released with couple of serious bug fixes, feature improvements and some useful apps. This update would really bring new features in measuring distance and calculating many things during various workouts and health issues.
We’ve just caught the new Watch OS 1.0.1 on our iPhone with iOS 10.2 stating feature improvements, bug fixes and more powerful ways to calculating calories and distance in various workouts whether it is indoor or outdoor.
For those who own Apple Watch, we’ve included the detailed notes from change log…
- Performance has been improved for below features:
- Siri becomes more powerful with Watch OS 1.0.1
- Now your Apple Watch can calculate more accurate data and activities.
- There were couple of issues calculating calories and detecting heart beats, which have been fixed with this update OS 1.0.1
- It was before impossible to calculate various distance during indoor and outdoor walking.
- Now, with better xCode and other developer tools, its easy to create more useful third party apps that would be available for Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch OS 1.0.1 supports more emoji keyboard characters.
- The Update brings more language support. Russian and other languages have been added.
The drawback is updating or installing Watch OS 1.0.1 to Apple Watch. You need iPhone and Apple Watch Companion app. So, if you don’t have iPhone, you can’t install or update your Apple Watch for the latest update. Additionally, you’re iPhone must be on either iOS 9, iOS 10.2 or iOS 9.
If you’ve iPhone that runs on iOS 10.2 or any lower firmware that is under jailbreak, you’d need to upgrade your iPhone to above specified firmwares to get Apple Watch companion app in order to update to OS 1.0.1.
You can download TaiG Apple Watch Jailbreak tool for free to jailbreak your Apple Watch.