Cydia Substrate, Winterboard, Activator and a few top apps and tweaks were not working with TaiG iOS 10.2 jailbreak. But, today, Ryan Petrich has updated Activator for iOS 10.2 that works on Evasi0n7 jailbreak.
Activator is one of the best Cydia app that adds shortcuts to your iOS device. It really supercharge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with the unique style of shortcuts.
Activator was not working on iOS 10.2 with PanGu, but the creator and developer, Ryan Petrich, has updated the source code and its now working smoothly. It was released yesterday.is still in beta stage and try to make itself adjustable with iOS 10.2 and newer firmwares.
The Timeline of Updates and Changes…
January 4, 2015:
- Activator 1.8.3 has been released
December 27, 2013:
- Now statusbar events has been fixed with many iOS 10.2 apps Using RocketBootstrap
- Now Activator allows Camera app to steal volume events on iOS 9
- Schedule events has been fixed
- Now activator supports search feature on iOS 9
- Now it supports lock action
- New Activator iOS 10.2 icon has been added.
December 23, 2013:
- Now Activator can adjust iOS 10.2 notifications and warning messages.
- Now tap/pinch/spread events has been fixed
- Home button has been improved for iOS 9
December 20, 2013:
- WiFi network events have been added.
- iOS 10.2 libhide warning message has been added
- Now Activator supports lock button
How to Install iOS 10.2 Activator 1.8.4 Beta Version
If you have used Activator ever before on your jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, then its easy for you to download and install this beta version. But, before that you should keep in mind that this is beta release and especially for testing purpose.
1 Open your Cydia application from springboard and tap on “Manage” button from the bottom.
2 Now, tap on “Sources” and again tap on “Edit”. Now tap on Add button out there to add the Activator repo source.
3 here you need to add the repo source of Ryan Petrich where you can install iOS 10.2 Activator.
4 Now navigate Ryan Petrich repo source and search “Activator iOS 9“, tap on install to get on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad Air, Mini whatever you have.
iOS 10.2 Activator still in beta stage and the developers are working hard to make it compatible. Within 7 days, we have seen 4 beta versions. And, the finalthat is RC 1 working smoothly with many apps on iOS 9.1.
However, there are few more Activatorthat you can try to get multitasking features. If you are facing any error, let us know via comments, we will report them to Ryan Petrich.
EvasiOn 7 has been released and more and more Cydia users jailbreaking their iPhone 5S/5C, iPod Touch, iPad Air, Mini. Here is the fullof apps, tweaks, themes, games and everything that can be installed and download on your jailbreak 8.1 iDevice.
Finally, a long waited evasiOn 7 has been released yesterday for iOS 10.2 and all former firmwares. We were covering all news and updates related to iOS 10.2 Jailbreak tool, tweaks, apps and themes.
During the development and in the last time of release, the developers were already aware that most of Cydia tweaks, apps and themes won’t work on iOS 10.2 properly. Actually, its not because of evasiOn 7, but the developers wanted to get much more time to improve the compatibility jailbreak apps, tweaks and theme installer such as Winterboard and Dreamboard.
EvasiOn 7 is fully compatible to jailbreak iOS 10.2 and all firmware iOS versions which are installed on iPhone 5S/5C, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad 4 and iPod Touch 5G and much more (Full compatible iDevices are listed below). But, there are a lot of Cydia tweaks and apps are not compatible with evasiOn jailbreak 7.
The panic is, should we jailbreak iOS 9.1? Yes, of course. But, if you can wait for sometimes without actually upgrade your iDevice to further new firmwares such as iOS 9, then surely you can be on waiting with iOS 10.2 without jailbreak and once the developers update their tweaks, apps and themes for 8.1, you can jailbreak.
Still, there are a lot of tweaks and apps are compatible for iOS 10.2 and can be installed without an issue. But, before you proceed, I would recommend to read full compatibility list of jailbreak tweaks here.
Most Compatible iOS 10.2 Jailbreak Apps and Tweak list
- Icon Renamer
- Software Update Killer
- Signal Booster
- ShakeToUndo Killer
- FireWall iP
- Signal 2
Below are the jailbreak apps that can be installed on iPhone 5S/C, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPod Touch with EvasiOn 7. However, these tweaks are under development and not working properly. A lot of users have reported here too about the issues. So, avoid below Cydia tweaks for compatibility issues at this stage.
- : Many users have reported that it can be installed with evasiOn 8.1, but it shows registration fail
- iOS 10.2 Activator has been released and works perfectly OK.) : As it works many times, but shows frequent error messages. (Update:
- : Saurik, the creator of Cydia, already working on Winterboard that allows jailbreak users to install themes. But, here on iOS 10.2 jailbreak, it doesn’t let you allow to install themes. It can be installed, but its unable to install themes. It will be fixed soon.
- : Quite similar compatibility issues like Winterboard. Its better to avoid Winterboard and Dreamboard at this stage.
- Abstergo: It also installs, but does nothing.
- Bytafont7: This is the Cydia tweak that you should be focus on. Many users have reported that Bytafont7 works great on their iDevice, but with errors.
- SBSettings: It works, but jailbreak user must install few component manually.
- : It installs successfully, but shows error when we open it. Can’t recommend.
A few Cydia apps have been removed from above list because of compatibility issues. Those tweaks and apps were not working equally normal on iPhone 5S/C, iPod Touch and iPad Air, Mini etc. But, we personally have been testing a lot of apps, tweaks and themes that can be installed on your jailbreak iDevice with EvasiOn 7 compatible and would update here at Cydia Sources.
There are a lot of apps, tweaks, apps that are under testing. We will publish new tweaks and apps that would be update for iOS 10.2 compatible. We recommend you to avoid a few tweaks that are not working properly and keep connected with us via comments feed, Twitter, Facebook and Emails.
We will update this iOS 10.2 jailbreak tweak list time to time. Till then, report the apps that are not working or works…