How to Downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 10.1.1 on iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch…
It seems like a huge number of users are facing one or other iOS 10 errors and thus they’re deciding to downgrade to iOS 10.1.1 from iOS 10.
One of the biggest reason is, they’re looking iOS 10.1.1 as the last chance to jailbreak as PanGu has demoed iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak. Cydia users are willing to downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 10.1.1 for that.
While there are limitless users who have iPhone 5 type old devices that can’t handle iOS 10 with a redesigned control center, lock screen and notification center. They’ve complaint that the new control center and notification center hang their older device and this could be a possible reason for them to downgrade iOS 10.
As Apple removed iPhone 4S from supported device list of iOS 10, it is further proof that iOS 10 is really a harder firmware for older device. Yeah the picture may be changed after the final version of iOS 10 come in.
If you’ve decided to downgrade iOS 10, It’s my duty to show you some correct path and reasons as well as benefit to have iOS 10 and all of that stuff. First of all, we’d see what benefits you’re getting if you run your device on iOS 10.
The benefits of IOS 10
- iOS 10 brings completely new control center design with brand new Notification Center and Lock Screen Widgets.
- iOS 10 allows user to remove and reinstall stock apps which was not possible before this firmware update.
- iOS 10 would release with iPhone 7, it means more fun and new features according to iPhone 7 2016.
- A better combination of Night Mode Shift and Low Power Mode features to serve better battery life.
Reasons to Downgrade iOS 10
Most of the reasons, I’ve mentioned in the first paragraph of this article for downgrade to iOS 10.1.1 from iOS 10. However, let’s check them again…
Get Latest Jailbreak & Cydia Apps for Free
Email Updates Powered by Google FeedBurner
- A heavy design that could be heavy for your older device.
- Control Center, Notification Center and Lock Screen may hang your device.
- iOS 10 is the soft target to hack.
- iOS 10 is still on beta stage where there are bunch of features that may cause error, hanging your device as well as unstable to have business device.
What you should Know before approaching downgrade iOS 10
Couple of things that you should know in order to successful downgrade iOS 10 to any firmware that you want. So, let’s check them out too…
- Apple is signing iOS 10.1.1, iOS 10.1.1, so you can easily downgrade to iOS 10.1.1 from iOS 10 or just downgrade to iOS 10.1.1.
- You should have backup data of iOS 10.1.1 or iOS 10.1.1. You may ask for iOS 10.1.1 IPSW files at the last step between downgrade to iOS 10.1.1.
- You must know how to put iPhone into DFU mode because you must put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode to restore iPhone to iOS 10.1.1 from iOS 10.
- You must have computer, MacOS or Windows in order to run iTunes for successful downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 10.1.1.
Now when you know what, why and how you downgrade iOS 10, you can proceed by following some simple steps for restoring iOS 10.1.1.