Downgrade to iOS 11.1.2 from iOS 11.1.2 [Apple Still Signs iOS 11.1.2]
How to Downgrade iOS 11.1.2 to iOS 11.1.2 using iPhone, iPad…
It was expected that Apple would push immediate firmware update to patch PanGu jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 and the same expected thing happened when Apple released iOS 11.1.2 just to patch those vulnerabilities.
iOS 11.1.2 doesn’t have any new feature, performance improvement or new design. It’s released to kill PanGu jailbreak and thus, iOS 11.1.2 is no more compatible for jailbreak released by PanGu.
iOS 11.1.2 was released within a few weeks from iOS 11.1.2 release. iOS 11.1.2 was released after many beta tests. These beta testing includes developer beta and public beta test. iOS 11.1.2 took almost 10 beta releases followed by developer and public beta tests to come out to the public.
Whereas iOS 11.1.2 is released without any beta test or announcement. It’s solely released to prevent iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak, that’s it. If you want your jailbreak 11.1.2 back, you can downgrade iOS 11.1.2 to iOS 11.1.2 immediately because still Apple is signing iOS 11.1.2 and allowing users to downgrade iOS 11.1.2.
Look, restore iOS 11.1.2 is only a way to enjoy your jailbreak if you accidentally upgraded to iOS 11.1.2. Apple may close signing window within few days and before that you can downgrade iOS 11.1.2 back to iOS 11.1.2.
And since, iOS 11.1.2 is just a security update which doesn’t have any value to the features and improvements, it’s not something great to continue with iOS 11.1.2 in case you love jailbreak. Apple played a masterstroke by releasing iOS 11.1.2 for killing PanGu and Cydia tweaks for iOS 11.1.2. If you’re device runs well on iOS 11.1.2, there would be easy and enjoyable to downgrade iOS 11.1.2 and restore iOS 11.1.2 in that sense.
For jailbreak users, iOS 11.1.2 is golden opportunity because there won’t be any jailbreak for iOS 9 series if you miss iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak. PanGu has already declared that there isn’t any mean to work on iOS 11.1.2 firmware as these exploits can be saved for iOS 10 jailbreak which would be released publicly by Apple within next few months. I’ve suggested many jailbreak users downgrade to iOS 11.1.2 back from iOS 11.1.2. And, it’s nothing wrong to downgrade iOS 11.1.2 since Apple singing window is opened for iOS 11.1.2 which is luck for you.
In the first place, I would suggest all Cydia lovers to stay on iOS 11.1.2 and don’t upgrade iOS 11.1.2 to iOS 11.1.2 at any way if you love jailbreak. But still if you are forced to upgrade, downgrade iOS 11.1.2 option is available for couple of days from now.
For those users who have somehow installed iOS 11.1.2 and they want to come back to iOS 11.1.2, we’ve listed some short steps without images to downgrade iOS 11.1.2 to iOS 11.1.2 using iTunes.
Remember few things before downgrade to iOS 11.1.2…
- You must backup your current firmware with iTunes or using iCloud. It would help you to restore your firmware in case anything goes wrong.
- iOS 11.1.2 IPSW files would be needed to downgrade iOS 11.1.2, so you’d need to download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW files.
- You must have MacOS or Windows with iTunes in order to downgrade to iOS 11.1.2.
- You should have basic knowledge of putting your device into DFU Mode and Recovery Mode.
How to Downgrade iOS 11.1.2 to iOS 11.1.2 Using iTunes
Finally below are the steps which can be followed to downgrade iOS 11.1.2 to 11.1.2…
- I hope that you’ve care of iOS 11.1.2 backup files. Please backup your iPhone or iPad before starting downgrade 11.1.2 process.
- Just take another care and disable “Find my iPhone” feature from settings app.
- Now, download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW files which would be needed later when iTunes would ask to downgrade iOS 11.1.2.
- You want to make sure that iTunes is installed and updated to the latest version on your MacOS or Windows computer.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPad running iOS 11.1.2 to the computer and start downgrade iOS 11.1.2 to iOS 11.1.2 process.
- Press down Option Key [MacOS] or Shift Key [Windows Computer] and tap on Restore iPhone button.
- iTunes would ask you to select firmware IPSW files, you need to browse iOS 11.1.2 IPSW files to downgrade iOS 11.1.2 to iOS 11.1.2.
- Now iTunes would start and complete downgrade process and you’d be on iOS 11.1.2 within few minutes if everything goes correct.
It’s possible that you get error or stuck somewhere middle of iOS 11.1.2 downgrade process, and it’s normal. You can restart downgrade iOS 11.1.2 by following from first step and if still problem persist, you can make a comment and post it below and we’d help you personally.
Have you downgraded iOS 11.1.2 to iOS 11.1.2?