How to Downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2 using iPhone, iPad…
It was expected that Apple would push immediate firmware update to patch PanGu jailbreak iOS 10.2 and the same expected thing happened when Apple released iOS 10.2.1 just to patch those vulnerabilities.
iOS 10.2.1 doesn’t have any new feature, performance improvement or new design. It’s released to kill PanGu jailbreak and thus, iOS 10.2.1 is no more compatible for jailbreak released by PanGu.
iOS 10.2.1 was released within a few weeks from iOS 10.2 release. iOS 10.2 was released after many beta tests. These beta testing includes developer beta and public beta test. iOS 10.2 took almost 10 beta releases followed by developer and public beta tests to come out to the public.
Whereas iOS 10.2.1 is released without any beta test or announcement. It’s solely released to prevent iOS 10.2 jailbreak, that’s it. If you want your jailbreak 10.2 back, you can downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2 immediately because still Apple is signing iOS 10.2 and allowing users to downgrade iOS 10.2.1.
Look, restore iOS 10.2 is only a way to enjoy your jailbreak if you accidentally upgraded to iOS 10.2.1. Apple may close signing window within few days and before that you can downgrade iOS 10.2.1 back to iOS 10.2.
And since, iOS 10.2.1 is just a security update which doesn’t have any value to the features and improvements, it’s not something great to continue with iOS 10.2.1 in case you love jailbreak. Apple played a masterstroke by releasing iOS 10.2.1 for killing PanGu and Cydia tweaks for iOS 10.2.1. If you’re device runs well on iOS 10.2, there would be easy and enjoyable to downgrade iOS 10.2.1 and restore iOS 10.2 in that sense.
For jailbreak users, iOS 10.2 is golden opportunity because there won’t be any jailbreak for iOS 9 series if you miss iOS 10.2 jailbreak. PanGu has already declared that there isn’t any mean to work on iOS 10.2.1 firmware as these exploits can be saved for iOS 10 jailbreak which would be released publicly by Apple within next few months. I’ve suggested many jailbreak users downgrade to iOS 10.2 back from iOS 10.2.1. And, it’s nothing wrong to downgrade iOS 10.2.1 since Apple singing window is opened for iOS 10.2 which is luck for you.
In the first place, I would suggest all Cydia lovers to stay on iOS 10.2 and don’t upgrade iOS 10.2 to iOS 10.2.1 at any way if you love jailbreak. But still if you are forced to upgrade, downgrade iOS 10.2.1 option is available for couple of days from now.
Get Latest Jailbreak & Cydia Apps for Free
Email Updates Powered by Google FeedBurner
For those users who have somehow installed iOS 10.2.1 and they want to come back to iOS 10.2, we’ve listed some short steps without images to downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2 using iTunes.
Remember few things before downgrade to iOS 10.2…
- You must backup your current firmware with iTunes or using iCloud. It would help you to restore your firmware in case anything goes wrong.
- iOS 10.2 IPSW files would be needed to downgrade iOS 10.2.1, so you’d need to download iOS 10.2 IPSW files.
- You must have MacOS or Windows with iTunes in order to downgrade to iOS 10.2.
- You should have basic knowledge of putting your device into DFU Mode and Recovery Mode.
How to Downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2 Using iTunes
Finally below are the steps which can be followed to downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to 10.2…
- I hope that you’ve care of iOS 10.2.1 backup files. Please backup your iPhone or iPad before starting downgrade 10.2.1 process.
- Just take another care and disable “Find my iPhone” feature from settings app.
- Now, download iOS 10.2 IPSW files which would be needed later when iTunes would ask to downgrade iOS 10.2.1.
- You want to make sure that iTunes is installed and updated to the latest version on your MacOS or Windows computer.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPad running iOS 10.2.1 to the computer and start downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2 process.
- Press down Option Key [MacOS] or Shift Key [Windows Computer] and tap on Restore iPhone button.
- iTunes would ask you to select firmware IPSW files, you need to browse iOS 10.2 IPSW files to downgrade iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2.
- Now iTunes would start and complete downgrade process and you’d be on iOS 10.2 within few minutes if everything goes correct.
It’s possible that you get error or stuck somewhere middle of iOS 10.2.1 downgrade process, and it’s normal. You can restart downgrade iOS 10.2.1 by following from first step and if still problem persist, you can make a comment and post it below and we’d help you personally.
Have you downgraded iOS 10.2.1 to iOS 10.2?